Port Au Prince, Haiti

Port Au Prince, Haiti

Monday, August 4, 2014

The Best is Yet To Come

Mackenzie,
Yesterday I told you when we came that the children greeted us with open arms.  Even though they were not sad, it is hard to not be sad for them.  Their lives seem so hard, and their needs seem so great.

This morning God woke me up with a verse.  John 10:10 says, "My purpose is to give life in all its fullness."

At first my thoughts went to, "God I know your Word is true.  But the lives of the children here don't seem very full."  His answer was their lives are full because they understand hope at a much deeper level than I think you or I will ever understand.

2 Corinthians 1:7 says, "Our hope is unshaken, because we know as you share in our sufferings, you also share in our comfort."

The abundant life God promises these children may not be on this earth.  He promises all His children eternal life in a perfect Heaven with no sadness, no sickness and no loss.

In America we have sickness and sadness and loss, but at least for you and I, Mackenzie, our days are filled with comfort and abundance - safe homes, full bellies, lots of family.

I don't think we have the hope I see in these children.  It's an understanding that the best is yet to come.  And that just as Jesus loves them in their suffering, He promises an abundant life to come, one that is eternal.

I want to be more like those children, to place my hope in things eternal because for all of us who trust in Jesus all across the world, the best is yet to come!

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment